The St. Augustine Orchid Society, Inc. (SAOS) is a Florida not for profit corporation with federal tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The specific purposes of the SAOS are to:
- Promote and aid in the development, improvement, preservation, cultivation and hybridization of orchids
- Collect information relating to the growing and development of orchids
- Disseminate orchid cultural and hybridization information by exhibitions, lectures and publications
- Assist those engaged in the growing of orchids by research and information dissemination
- Increase public interest in the growing of orchids
- Foster the knowledge, production, use and appreciation of orchids
The current bylaws
were adopted October 6, 2016.
Donate to the SAOS
We have assembled lots of information on the website to help you grow the happiest and healthiest orchids. Help us maintain this orchid cultural database with your financial support!
The SAOS is a Section 501(c)(3) not for profit organization so all donations are tax deductible.